OPEN PTA POSITIONS 2014-2015
– The major roles of the Presidents are to facilitate and run monthly meetings and to offer guidance to the sub-committees. They also organize McTeacher Night in the fall, host an information table in January on Kindergarten Roundup, work with the Membership Chair and Office Staff to create the online student directory, and update the PTA bylaws every 3 years.
Co-Vice President of Fundraising – 1 position open
This role DOES NOT include the planning of the all-school Cookie Dough Fundraiser. There are two Vice Presidents of Fundraising. The major role of this position is collecting donations and organizing the silent auction that is held during the Spring Carnival. There are several smaller committees that do fundraising activities such as Skate City, Restaurant Nights and Wildcat Capers, and the Co-Vice Presidents of Fundraising communicates with these groups on fundraising activities. Any additional fundraising efforts can be planned and organized at your discretion and would need approval by the PTA and principal.
– There are two Co-Secretaries. Responsible for maintaining roster of Board and Committee, General Members; Parliamentarian at monthly meetings; keep minutes at meetings.
6th Grade Continuation 1 position open – Plan the Continuation to include: arrange for refreshments and decorations for ceremony in the spring; makes invitations and programs; should not be a 6th grade parent.
– Maintain landscape in front of the school and around the flag pole; Coordinate tree trimming, if necessary; Water plants.
Health/Safety – 1 position open
Coordinate Red Ribbon Week in the fall; Bike Rodeo in the spring.
Parent and Party Coordinator
– There are two Coordinators. Coordinate room parents for all teachers; contact room parents regarding our two school-wide classroom parties; create party guidelines; work with teachers to make a classroom banner for Jog-a-Thon.
– Advertises theme and deadlines from Nationals; Collects entries and hangs them in the school; organizes judges; Volunteer at least 3 hours for the district’s reflections program; Turn in projects to the district for judging; Hosts reception for participants.
– Welcome staff on first day of school; organize lunch and dinner for fall and spring teacher conferences; Teacher Appreciation Week.
Tea and Tissues – Welcome Kindergarten parents on the first day of school with refreshments.
Traffic / Crossing Guard Team – Assist students crossing the street in the mornings and afternoons.
Traffic / Kiss-N-Go Team – Assist Students in the drop-off lane in the mornings.
Traffic / Parking Lot Team – Place cones out to allow only buses in front of the school; Monitor safety of vehicles and students.
– Work with Co-Presidents in creating and maintaining the PTA website.
Wildcat Capers – 2 positions open
Develop strategies for Capers during the summer; present Capers to the Board at the first meeting; Coordinate Caper events throughout the year; Turn in money to Treasurer.